The Best Dog Food in Henderson, NV Will Keep Their Coat Shining Bright Like a DiamondMarch 28, 2018 6:03 pm Leave your thoughts
You love your dog, so you want to make sure you are feeding him food that’s good for his health and wellbeing. Here’s a guide for finding the best nutritious dog food in Henderson, NV for your dog’s coat and skin.
Have you noticed your dog’s coat looking a bit dull lately? Do you see flakes of dry skin, especially after brushing? This could be happening for a number of reasons, including poor nutrition, food sensitivities, lack of exercise, inadequate grooming and aging. Luckily, feeding him nutritious foods can help your dog maintain a shiny coat over the years and into old age. Research which essential vitamins, minerals and fats are important so that you know your dog is getting the right nutrients in their diet.
Best and healthiest fats
Of all the types of fats and fatty acids available to your dog, omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids are the best for healthy skin and fur. They support skin elasticity, a glossier coat and better overall health. These fatty acids are found in most animal fat, but you should look for dog food made with real chicken or fish, which have higher amounts. Also, when buying dog food, the most beneficial options will list chicken or fish as one of the top five ingredients on the label. If you want to enhance your dog’s shiny coat, add a small spoonful of healthy oil or fat to their food, such as olive oil, coconut oil or flaxseed oil.
Beneficial vitamins and minerals
Vitamins and minerals help dogs metabolize the protein and fat they eat, which ensures a healthy coat. Like checking to ensure omega-3 and omega-6 are listed high on the ingredients list, you should do the same for the following essential vitamins and minerals and more:
- Vitamin A: The condition of a dog’s skin and hair depends on healthy skin and fur growth. Vitamin A plays a critical role in the healthy development of rapidly dividing skin cells and hair follicles.
- Vitamin E: You may know that Vitamin E is important for your skin; it’s also an important vitamin for your dog’s health. This powerful natural antioxidant is found in a variety of foods, as well as available in supplement form, and helps to repair and guard against skin damage.
- Copper: When your dog’s coat loses its shine, the individual hairs also lose color. Be sure you are feeding your dog a quality food containing copper to help maintain hair color, luster and softness and prevent hair loss.
- Biotin: Biotin is a B-complex vitamin that promotes healthy tissue growth. Biotin deficiency is often seen in young puppies, which is unfortunate since this is the age at which puppies grow at a rapid pace. Symptoms of a biotin deficiency can include brittle hair, dull hair color and crusty skin.
- Zinc: A high-quality dog food diet will include plenty of zinc. Zinc prevents red, itchy skin and helps to protect against skin infections.
Visit The Soggy Dog for a selection of pet supplies and healthy dog food in Henderson, NV!
Categorised in: Dog Food
This post was written by Writer