Millions of people across the country take supplements for their health, but many pet owners don’t realize that supplements can also be beneficial for the health of their dogs.
There are lots of vitamins and minerals that dogs don’t get from their diets. In addition, there are some vitamins that dogs need as they get older to promote health. With that in mind, it’s a good idea to learn more about health supplements for your dog.
Most important vitamins and minerals for your dog
If you’ve never given your dog supplements before, you might not know where to start when it comes to choosing the products that will meet your dog’s health needs. Here are a few of the best health supplements, vitamins and minerals for your dog:
- Multivitamins: All dogs, regardless of age or overall health, can benefit from a good multivitamin. Multivitamins contain A, C, D, E, K and B vitamins. These vitamins all provide various benefits, including better joint health, improved digestion, healthy heart function and healthy skin.
- Omega-3 fatty acids: Like humans, dogs often don’t get enough omega-3 fatty acids in their diet. Fish oil supplements contain lots of omega-3 fatty acids that can promote coat health for dogs. Many fish oil supplements for dogs also contain omega-6 fatty acids which can have numerous benefits when it comes to skin health.
- Probiotics: Probiotics are designed to promote healthy digestion. For dogs that have chronic or persistent digestive issues, a daily probiotic supplement can make a world of a difference. In addition to the digestive benefits of daily probiotics, these supplements can also help reduce yeast overgrowth, itchiness and bad breath.
- Vision supplements: Like humans, dogs tend to develop vision problems as they age. A vision supplement can promote eye health and reduce vision problems in older dogs and dogs with vision problems. As dogs get older, it’s a good idea to add a vision supplement to reduce the effects of aging on vision.
- Anti-anxiety supplements: Some dogs struggle with anxiety, especially when they are exposed to loud noises, separated from their owners or taken out of their normal home environment. For dogs who have anxiety, a supplement with CBD, chamomile or melatonin can be very helpful.
- Antioxidants: Just like people, dogs can benefit from antioxidants to promote overall health and wellness. Antioxidants can protect dogs against illness, reduce cognitive problems and promote longevity. Antioxidant supplements are also thought to reduce inflammation. When shopping for health supplements for your dog, look for a full-spectrum antioxidant supplement with quality ingredients.
Vitamins and minerals for your dog
Stock up on all the best health supplements for your dog by stopping by The Soggy Dog today. We offer a great selection of pet supplies, including pet health supplements to get your furry friend feeling their best.
In addition to our great selection of pet supplies, our customers can also take advantage of our self-serve grooming stations, as well as our professional grooming services. Stop by today to find out more about everything that we have to offer.
Categorised in: Dog Health
This post was written by Writer