One of the most common questions we receive from people who do some of their dog grooming at home, and even from some new professional dog groomers, is, “How can I complete the process more quickly?” Keep in mind that you should never try to rush through a grooming, as this could frighten the pet and make accidents more likely. Still, there are a few tricks of the trade you can employ to make the process go a little more smoothly and efficiently.
With this in mind, here are some grooming tips in Henderson, NV to consider:
- Have a routine in place: You’ll have a hard time being an efficient groomer if you don’t have a routine set before you start grooming the dog. You should approach the task the same way every single time, from how you lay out your instruments to the exact order in which you perform grooming tasks. The more thoroughly you lay out your routine, the easier it will be to complete the process efficiently.
- Make sure your tools are in good shape: If your blades are properly sharp and in good condition, you can avoid issues such as jamming, or blades that are too dull to effectively cut through the fur. This also prevents you from having to search through your stock for new blades to change them out, all while the dog is waiting on the table and getting impatient or distressed. Checking all your equipment in advance and keeping it well-maintained will go a long way toward achieving high-quality grooming.
- Use the proper products: Groomers used to only have a handful of products at their disposal, but now there are plenty to choose from, and having the right products on hand can make the task go much more smoothly. For example, using products to remove a packed or matted undercoat rather than using an incorrect tool for the job will save you a lot of time and also prevent you from potentially hurting the dog.
- Stay organized: It’s going to be hard to complete a grooming appointment if you have to search all over your grooming area for the correct tools to use. In between grooming sessions, make sure your storage area is decluttered so you can easily access everything you need to get the job done.
- Keep track of what you do: Maintain records of how you cut a dog’s hair so you know if there were any issues you encountered that you’ll need to be prepared for next time around, or if the dog’s owner has any particular requests for when you cut its hair. You can keep track of the tools you use, how short you go, specific products used in the fur or any other items that might help you provide a consistently excellent quality of grooming without having to guess at what you’ve done in the past.
For more information about some of the best grooming tips in Henderson, NV, contact the team at The Soggy Dog today.
Categorised in: Grooming
This post was written by Writer