There’s a lot more to the good health of your pets than ensuring they eat well, go to their vet appointments and get plenty of exercise. Grooming a dog is another key part of ensuring your dog’s overall wellbeing. Some dog owners groom their own pets, but others prefer to leave it up to the experts, who are highly skilled in making your dog look great and also provide add-on services like nail trimmings and ear and teeth cleanings.
You should do plenty of research about potential groomers in your area before you ever actually set foot inside a dog salon. Browse online reviews, ask around to people you know for information about which groomers they use and look at the groomers’ websites and social media pages to learn more about them and their services. After you’ve used this research to narrow down your choice to a few contenders, then you can go in and pay the groomer a visit and ask them some questions in person to determine whether or not they’re the right choice for your dog grooming in Henderson, NV.
Here are just a few examples of some of these questions you can ask:
- Can I see your facility? Look around the facility to see if it’s kept clean and organized. You’ll want to choose a salon that is orderly, well-ventilated and safe, with sturdy tables and tubs. Look for pet-friendly products, and people who clearly enjoy working with animals. In general, you want to feel comfortable leaving your pet with them.
- Can I watch you groom my dog? It’s understandable to be nervous about leaving your pet with a groomer for the first time. Many groomers will allow you to observe, if only just for the first appointment. This will give you an opportunity to see exactly what the groomers do and how they keep the dogs calm, comfortable and secure.
- What services do you provide? All groomers will at least provide a brushing, shampoo and haircut, but you might want to get a little bit more out of your dog’s grooming appointments. For example, services such as trimming nails, cleaning ears, brushing teeth, removing mats and more can all be extremely valuable and go a long way toward keeping your beloved pooch happy and healthy.
- Do you have experience with this breed? Certain breeds of dogs have certain grooming requirements, so it makes sense for you to ask the groomer if they have worked with a dog like yours before. This is especially important if you have a rare breed of dog, or a dog that has some very particular grooming needs.
- What training do you have? Of course, you’ll want to make sure any groomer you work with is actually qualified to be working with dogs. Most groomers will place information about their qualifications on their websites, but if they don’t have a website, that’s something you’ll want to ask in person.
For more information about dog grooming in Henderson, NV, contact The Soggy Dog today.
Categorised in: Dog Grooming in Henderson
This post was written by Writer