Products to Help You Keep Your Dogs Cool When the Weather Gets HotAugust 14, 2019 2:02 am Leave your thoughts
These August days can get extremely hot here in Nevada, especially for your furry friends! As the mercury rises, it’s important for you to keep your pups in mind. The good news is there are plenty of products available on the market that can make it easier for you as a pet owner to ensure the comfort of your dog on even the hottest days of the year.
Here are just a few examples of pet supplies in Henderson, NV that are designed to help you keep your dog cool on hot days:
- Dog cooling vests: If you have a pup that loves to play outside, this cooling vest can be a great accessory. Just get the vest wet with cold water and wring it out before putting it on your dog, and it will be highly effective at keeping your dog cool.
- Cooling dog bowl: This type of bowl easily folds up into a pouch and comes with a removable freezer pack. The pack keeps the water cold for hours, and can be easily packed up and taken with you when you go out on adventures with your dog during the hot summer months.
- Pool floats: Do you have a pool on your property? If so, you probably have all kinds of floaties for you and your family to enjoy. Why not get one for your pup as well? Floats designed for your dog to use in the pool will have a special claw-resistant and paw-resistant fabric. You can get the float in a size that is ideal for your dog to enjoy some time in the water.
- Fountains: There are some nifty fountains designed specially for dogs. When the dog steps on a pedal that you place in your yard, water shoots up out of it. This is great to either give your dog a cooling jet of water or a quick and easy drink whenever your dog wants it.
- Cooling toys: There are a variety of types of cooling dog toys that can be great to have on hand during some of the hotter times of the year. Many of them are the kinds of toys that can be filled with water and then frozen, which makes for a cool game of fetch or tug-of-war with your dog!
- Cooling dog beds and mats: Your dog probably isn’t going to want to spend a ton of time on its bed or mat during the summer, because it will trap heat. However, there are cooling dog beds available. One kind has a pad with a cooling gel layer, which helps to keep the dog cool during nap time. These beds can be easily packed for use during travel as well, if you know you’re going to be going someplace warm!
- Doggie pools: Sure, you can pick up a kiddie pool from a local big box store and use that for your dog, but there are also some pools designed specifically for dogs, including larger breeds. Many of them are foldable and do not even require any inflation—simply set them up and fill them up. Once they’re empty, they can be easily collapsed and put away into storage again.
These are just a few examples of some of the types of products available for dogs that can keep them cool on hot days. For more tips, or to stock up on pet supplies in Henderson, NV, reach out to The Soggy Dog and we’ll be happy to provide further recommendations.
Categorised in: Pet Supplies
This post was written by Writer