As a dog owner, it’s important that you prioritize good grooming habits for your pet. Staying on top of regular washings and grooming will keep parasites at bay, ensure healthy skin and nails and, of course, get rid of funky odors.
However, not all dogs have the same grooming needs. There are some breeds that require very little in the way of grooming, and some people prefer these breeds specifically because they are so low maintenance. Here is a quick overview of some examples of these kinds of dog breeds in Henderson, NV:
- Boxer: The boxer is frequently referred to as a “working breed” because of its energy and its love of taking on jobs. These medium-built dogs have short hair, and only need to be bathed occasionally. They also make for great family dogs as they are social, generally gentle with children and friendly with strangers.
- Beagle: Beagles were bred to be hunting dogs, and are known just as much for their loud barking and howling as they are for their otherwise unassuming temperaments. Beagles have a medium-length coat slightly longer than that of a boxer. The coat will shed a little bit, but doesn’t need extremely frequent brushing—once a week is generally fine. Beagles are otherwise low-maintenance in most regards, including grooming and bathing.
- Great Dane: The Great Dane is a massive dog, but it’s a gentle giant. They are known for their warm personalities and their friendliness with children. Great Danes have similar-length coats to beagles and only require weekly brushing and occasional baths according to the discretion of the owner.
- Rottweiler: The Rottweiler has developed a reputation for being an excellent guard dog, but they also can be soft-hearted, calm and warm with a wide variety of people and other pets. They are also favorites due to their minimal grooming requirements. They don’t need much in the way of bathing and do not need professional grooming attention in most cases.
- Italian greyhound: The Italian greyhound is relatively small, and is generally a great lap dog, as it is a highly affectionate breed. The dog typically isn’t recommended for families with young children, but it makes for a great companion for other types of households. In general, the Italian greyhound requires very minimal grooming in Henderson, NV—you do not need to bathe it frequently, and actually shouldn’t, as too much bathing can result in irritation to its thin coat and body. You should, however, wipe down the thin coat with a damp cloth or towel on a fairly regular basis.
- Doberman pinscher: Another active, working breed type of dog, the Doberman pinscher is very family friendly, and has a reputation for being extremely loyal and a protective guardian. The Doberman has a very short coat that requires weekly brushing but no other real grooming attention.
For more information about some of the grooming needs of common dogs, we encourage you to contact a groomer in Henderson, NV at The Soggy Dog today. We’d be happy to give you more info about your dog’s particular needs.
Categorised in: Dog Grooming in Henderson
This post was written by Writer