Halloween is right around the corner, and it’s time to start planning for the spooky season. While most people associate Halloween with trick-or-treating, there are lots of different traditions that pet owners can participate in with their furry friends. Dogs can’t eat most of the Halloween treats that humans enjoy, but there are some special, dog-friendly Halloween treats that are perfect for four-legged family members.
What are safe treats for dogs on Halloween?
While you’re enjoying all your Halloween candy and festive treats, make sure that your dog feels included with some special snacks of their own. Here are some ideas for safe treats for dogs that they can enjoy this Halloween:
- Pumpkin–flavored treats: During the fall, it seems like everything is pumpkin flavored—and the same goes for dog treats. Like humans, dogs love pumpkin-flavored food and treats, and there are lots of different options out there for pet owners to choose from. Pumpkin-flavored treats are typically available during the fall when pumpkins are in season, but some pumpkin treats and dog food formulas featuring pumpkin are available year-round.
- Festive chew toys: If you want to get your pet into the Halloween spirit without any of the extra calories, Halloween-themed chew toys are the way to go. From rubber skulls to zombie plushies, pet stores provide a great selection of festive toys that your dog will love to play with. Bonus: They’ll double as a Halloween decoration for you!
- Doggy cookies: Cookies aren’t just for humans to enjoy. Special doggy cookies contain ingredients like pumpkin, peanut butter and other flavors that dogs love. Lots of brands that make doggy cookies have special Halloween flavors and shapes, so stop by a pet supply store to find a festive option for your furry friend.
- Pumpkin and apple biscuits: For another seasonal doggy treat, try pumpkin and apple biscuits. These baked treats have flavors that pets love and are perfect for the fall season. Better yet, lots of dog biscuits contain fruits and vegetables that are great for dogs.
- Limited edition, seasonal treats: Many of the biggest dog-treat brands release limited edition, seasonal treats around Halloween. These treats often have special seasonal flavors and shapes that will help everyone get into the holiday spirit.
- Homemade Halloween treats: If you enjoy baking, try your hand at creating some festive, homemade Halloween treats for your dog. There are all kinds of creative recipes online to choose from. This is a great option if you want to make sure that you’re using ingredients that are completely safe for your furry friend.
Dog-friendly Halloween treats
If you’re in the market for dog-friendly Halloween treats, stop by The Soggy Dog. We have been providing our customers with a great selection of quality pet supplies since 2006, and we continue to develop a reputation for our outstanding customer service. In addition to our selection of pet supplies, we also offer professional grooming, self-grooming stations and nail trimming. Check out everything we have to offer by stopping by today.
Categorised in: Dog Food
This post was written by Writer